Laurel Property Services Inc. is a Fair Housing provider and abides by all all Federal, State, and
Local laws regarding housing and non-discrimination.
The following list are items that would disqualify an applicant from renting a property under our
- Meth and/or Amphetamine related offenses automatic denial
- Stalking offenses automatic denial
- Homicide offenses automatic denial
- Crimes against children within 5 years
- Crimes against landlords or rental properties within 5 years
- Convictions or pleas to any crime involving metal theft, vandalizing properties, or otherwise damaging properties within 5 years
- Arson convictions or pleas within 5 years
- Violent felony convictions within 5 years
- Drug trafficking, manufacturing, or distribution within 5 years
- Sex offenses will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Felony convictions older than 5 years will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Imprisonment for felonies within the last 5 years will be dealt with on a case by case basis
- Past-due balance of ANY amount outstanding to previous landlords / rental communities within last 7 years
- Evictions more recent than 7 years
- Open bankruptcies or bankruptcies discharged less than 2 years
- Rude, disruptive, threatening, or harassing behavior towards Laurel Property Services staff, clients, residents, or vendors
- Disparaging or slanderous comments made about previous landlords or management
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
Laurel Property Services Inc. is happy to welcome International Applicants. However, applicants without a United States issued Social Security Number are required to secure the property with a Security Deposit of 2x the advertised amount. This policy is in place for the protection of the Property Owner, in the event of damages and / or a breach in the lease, where traditional debt collection efforts are unavailable.
Click here for a downloadable version.