Laurel Property Services Inc. is a Fair Housing provider and abides by all all Federal, State, and
Local laws regarding housing and non-discrimination.
The following list are items that would disqualify an applicant from renting a property under our
- Crimes against children
- Sex offenses
- Crimes against landlords or rental properties
- Convictions or pleas to any crime involving metal theft, vandalizing properties, or otherwise damaging properties.
- Arson convictions or pleas
- Violent or drug-related felonies
- Felony convictions older than 7 years will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Imprisonment for felonies within the last 5 years will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- Past-due balance of ANY amount outstanding to previous landlords / rental communities.
- Evictions more recent than 10 years (older evictions may be approved with current credit score in the “good” to “excellent” credit rating range)
- More than one eviction, no matter the age of judgements
- Open bankruptcies or bankruptcies discharged less than 2 years
- Rude, disruptive, threatening, or harassing behavior towards Laurel Property Services staff, clients, residents, or vendors
- Disparaging or slanderous comments made about previous landlords or management
- Litigious behavior against previous landlords or management
- Having left a previous lease for claims of mold, habitability, etc
Click here for a downloadable version.